George Diner Founder & CEO
Born in Buenos Aires, Argentina 09/26/1952.
Married with two children.
Currently living in the United States of North America.
➢ Habitat Container LLC.
Funder & CEO
An American Company, established in 2017, focused and dedicated at designing and constructing exceptional quality dwelling for the private market, as well as for urban government projects that requires social housing, economically affordable, and ecologically sustainable, without losing the good design, thus integrating perfectly with the surroundings, using surplus ISO shipping containers, helping its inhabitants integrate with the environment, the protection of non-renewable sources, the reduction of CO2, and the conservation of the eco-system.
o Member of ISBU (Intermodal Steel Building Units and Container Homes). http://www.isbu-association.org
o Member of USGBC (United States Green Building Council) http://new.usgbc.org
➢ Goin Postal North Miami Beach
A líder Company in the USA postal & shipping centers. The reception and the dispatch are carried out at the world level using prestigious courier services like FedEx, DHL, USPS, and UPS among others. Goin Postal offers also a variety of other services including office supplies, P.O.Boxes, Notary and Passport renewals.
➢ Albanueva S.A., Nautical Gated Community
President and Founder member (1982-2010)
As a founder member and President George developed a prestigious nautical gated community “Albanueva”, in a privileged strategic touristic site in Rincon de Milberg, city of Tigre, Buenos Aires province. With a visionary mentality here is where he starts to develop the eco-habitats using surplus ISO shipping containers, and with this same technology, he built in the 80′ his own technical offices still in use today.
➢The city of Buenos Aires “Mobile Green Center”.
Developer and executive Director (2012-2013)
The City of Buenos Aires, through its environmental protection agency, ordered Habitat Container in 2012 the design and construction of the first PLM “Punto Limpio Móvil”, prototype; and later changed its name for “Mobile Green Center” to educate citizens and promote the separation and recollection of contaminating recyclable garbage in all the City’s districts. Each “Mobile Green Center” was constructed using surplus ISO shipping containers with different trash bins inside, for every type of different materials. Its illumination, of LED technology, as all the other electrical requirements are supplied by solar energy through 4 photovoltaic panels in its roof
➢A.T.I. Asesoramiento Técnico Industrial S.A.
Vice-President and President (1982-1989)
An Argentine Company for the mounting and set-up of big Thermal Power Plants.
Fine Arts & XVII Century Antiques export company and gallery.
Funder and President (1990-1995)
Pioneer in Argentina in the creation of digital libraries and blueprint archives, to replace physical paper archives in factories, Engineering and Architects studios
- Bachelor degree Colegio Nacional de San Isidro. (Provincia de Buenos Aires, Argentina),1969
- Studied Engineering at U.B.A. University of Buenos Aires (Buenos Aires, Argentina),1970/72.
- Studies at the TECHNION University (Haifa, Israel), 1972/73.
- Studied Business Administration at UADE (Universidad Argentina de la Empresa, Buenos Aires, Argentina), 1975/77
- Studied Export-Import at the department of Foreign Trade at the Bank of Boston (Buenos Aires, Argentina), 1977.
- Completed his background in Internacional commerce working at Deutsche Staudt gmbh in the department of Import/Export, belonging to the conglomerate Pittsburg&Cardiff Coal Company (Sao Paulo, Brasil; Asunción, Paraguay; Hamburg, Germany), 1978/79.
- “Introduction to LEED for schools” (Inteligentes buildings), dictated by Ana L. Ka´ahanuithe from USGBC, (Washington DC. the USA), 2010.
- “Architecture Sustainability – Natural Illumination and Design”, dictated by Arq. Gabriela Casablanca at the SCA Architects Central Society. (Buenos Aires, Argentina), 2011.
- “LEED Certified Project: a study case”, a workshop on the 3rd. Build-green International Conference and Exposition presided by Ing. Carlos Grinberg, AGBC. (Buenos Aires, Argentina), 2011.
- “Make an Impact: Sustainability for Professionals”, online, at the University of Bath, by Dra. Emma Patterson. (Somerset, United Kingdom), 2015.
- “Sustainability, Society and you”, online, University of Nottingham (Nottingham, Great Britain), 2015
- “Intelligent Cities”, online, Open University, 2015.
- “Towards a local certification for sustainable construction – the British experience”, workshop with the participation of Susannah Hagan of the Royal College of Art and Dr. Mark Gaterell of the University of Coventry, at the British Ambassador’s residence Dr. John Freeman (Buenos Aires, Argentina), 2012.
- Biomimicry: A Sustainable Design Methodology on Canvas Network! (Online May 2018)
- Smart Cities. Future Learn. The Open University (Online June 2018)
- Introduction to Cyber Security. Future Learn. The Open University (Online July 2018)
Spanish, English, French, Hebrew.
Honorable mention for Architect Kicherer and all the Architects team under the direction and supervision of George Diner, in the 1st National Sustainable Houses Contest, Organized by (CAPBA), Architectural college of Buenos Aires province jointly with the (AAPE) Argentine Association of Expanded Polystyrene in the framework of the National campaign “Isolate Well”, whose objective is to promote the rational use of energy and insulation in construction, among architects. 2010 Source: CEDU.
“Una Nueva propuesta”: Habitat Container 6/30/11
Camara Empresaria de Desarrolladores Urbanos de la República Argentina CEDU
“Showroom Habitat Container” Buenos Aires, 2012.
Magazine Casas Internacional #131, “CONTAINER”
“Espacios que promueven el bienestar y la Salud”,
BioArchitecture. (Buenos Aires), 2012
Magazine Casas Internacional #13?, “Habitat Sustentable“
- “Magazine Habitat Container,”
Editor in chief of the exclusive and unique American Magazine specialized in ISO shipping container constructions, published biannual.
“The story of a young man that transforms surplus shipping containers into houses” by Olivia Goldschmidt journalist.
Diario La Nación. Buenos Aires, 17/03/ 2018.
Sustentabilidad “Puntos Verdes”
Diario Clarin Arq. Buenos Aires, 27/06/2012
- Founder member, of the Austral Scientific Expedition Association.
- Member of the Antarctic expedition on the Oceanographic Icebreaker “Ice Lady Patagonia”, (2007).
- Antarctic Diver
- Subaquatic Archeology Diver.
- Cavern diver at Cenotes, Dos Ojos, Rivera Maya, México.
- Ultralight experimental planes pilot
GEORGE DINER’S PROFILE
With a curious spirit and investigator temple, based on a strategic vision of his business area and always considering new challenges, George Diner has traveled the world exploring and incorporating advanced technologies applied to the conservation of the environment, the recovery of renewable and non-renewable resources, reducing climate change and improving the quality of human life.
Using ISO shipping containers to build social and affordable housing for particular and community purposes, George is fulfilling one of his greatest wishes: contribute to a society and a better world.